कर्मणयेवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन।
मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि। 2.47
English translation of lines :“You have a right to perform your prescribed action,but you are not entitled to the fruits of your action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results your activities,and never be associated to not doing your duty.”
Its forty seventh verse in second chapter of Bhagawad Gita. This verse explains the importance of disinterested work in the life. As per this verse, individual should work towards his goals, but he must not desire the outcome for the work.
Whatever we do singing, writing, teaching, leading or any other type of work; we are most prone to expect the compensation or outcome of the efforts we take. Here we deflect from the principle of disinterestedness. Producing the outcome and results is in the hands of God.
Whatever you are doing, you are working for the god. So, your work will be considered as an act of goodwill. He will offer you the eternal peace for your work.
Giordano Bruno says, “I have fought, that is much, victory is in the hands of fate.”
I am trying to note good authors and their books for my reference.
Yearly, hundreds of business books are published marketed with possible big campaign. Obviously all are not to be read. Books are reviewed by economist and other book reviewers.
Business books are made a significant effect on business industry. I tried to list down few business books which were really affected the industry. These business books give a greater insight to revolutions in business industry. How managers could make a difference with their speech? How they are able to manage people? All questions are answered by these few books.
Concept of the Corporation (1946)
Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices(1973)
The Machine That Changed the World(1990)
Michael Hammer and James Champy
Reengineering the Corporation(1993)
My Years with General Motors(1964)
The Organisation Man (1956)
Tom Peters and Robert Waterman
In Search of Excellence
The Innovator’s Dilemma (1997)
The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid (2004)
CK Pralhad was listed first in Top 50 thinkers in the world.
Retail Inflation: All India retail inflation is 8.72 per cent and it fell short due to decrease in food prices. Retail inflation is based on Consumer Price Index for industrial workers (CPI-IW). Overall Inflation measured in WPI was 9.06 percent.
Food Inflation: Food inflation has come down to 7.78 per cent on 18 June. It is six week low price. During the week prices of potatoes, fruits and chicken dropped by .63%, 0.24% and 4% during the week, While prices of wheat and pulses rose by 1.01% and 0.6%.
General Inflation: General inflation measured in WPI accelerated to 9.06% in May from 8.66% in April.
What is Inflation? How it is calculated?
India uses the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) to calculate and then decide the inflation rate in the economy. WPI is the index used to measure the change in the average price level of goods traded in wholesale market.
WPI was first published in 1902, and was one of the more economic indicators available to policy makers until it was replaced by most developed countries by the Consumer Price Index in the 1970s.
The Indian government has taken WPI as an indicator of the rate of inflation in the economy.
This WPI index includes prices to total 676 items.
Why do Prices Rise?
Inflation is a rise in the prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. When the price rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services. The purchasing power of money falls when inflation is high. An inflationary situation is when there is ‘too much money chasing too few goods’.
Committee on National Small Saving Funds (NSSF) is reviewing national saving schemes. Below changes will be effective after their confirmations.
- Maximum limit of saving money into PPF (Public Provident Fund) has risen from 70k to 1 lac. This saving comes under income tax rule 80C.
- Interest rate of Post office savings may be raised from 3.5 percent to 4 percent.
- Saving Scheme Kisan Vikas Patra(KVP) may be discontinued and it may be replaced with NSC(National Saving Certificate) with locking period of ten years.
- Maturity Period of Monthly Income Plan and NSC may be reduced to five years. Returns on this may vary with fresh rate of interests yearly. Interest earned on NSC is taxable.
Philosophy etymologically shows the study of wisdom. Philosopher studies life and principles. Their rational thinking tries to find the answers. Many branches of philosophy try to think and analyze problems rationally. Literature is art of expressing imagination. It comprises fiction as well as non-fiction. When philosopher tries to tell the philosophy in the form of literature, we call it as a philosophical literature. Ayn Rand has created magnum opus Atlas Shrugged; she has presented his own philosophy of objectivism through her writings. Iris Murdoch wrote more than two dozens of novels. All novels of her are reflection of complex analytical mind. She tried to tell through characters the rationally correct way lead to meaningful end of existence. Erroneous way of living leads to the vanity and destruction. Jean Paul Sartre, Albert Camus wrote to stories to present the existentialism. The language of these writer also expression of presence of human soul. Age of Freedom, series of Sartre shows the struggle of man for living free from all bindings in life. Thomas Man’s ‘Magic Mountain’ weaves one different type of plot where you can smell the human life trapped in search of its own existence. All these philosopher has studied the subjects and writings of Aristotle, Kant; wrote their own analysis and research. Iris Murdoch tries to differentiate between philosophy and core novelist as ‘If I knew about sailing ships I would put in sailing ships, And in a way, as a novelist, I would rather know about sailing ships than about philosophy.’
Philosophical literature is for common man, who can understand the gist of wisdom through stories told through fictions.
Its post of Creative Writing -3.
These tips can be used by anyone, who wants to become a world famous writer.
- Be Receptive & Free Thinker: ‘Imagination is the basic principle of fiction.’ If you want to write, you must have ideas in your mind and ideas won’t come into mind as soon as you sit for writing. Brain is powerhouse of ideas. It is continuously and unconsciously thinking. Every single idea is the spark of creative imagination, but only if you are able to recognize it. Keep a pencil and notepad with you always if possible. Whenever any idea pops up into mind, jot down on the note. You may scribble few lines of plot. Even it is not a novel writing, when you sit especially for writing a novel, read the precious ideas germinated at free time and practice appending the lines ahead. Start completing the lucid chain of thoughts.
- Identify the idea: Never get disappointed if you think, ‘I cannot write’. Every best selling writer has gone through this phase. Second part of this tip is to be a free thinker. Whatever you read, whatever you observe, whatever you watch, whatever you believe, accept the thoughts and filter them for your purpose. Observe the people. Observe how they speak, how they walk, how they behave. Observe the crowd. Write single sentence on every observation.
- Write every day: Imagine your favorite song. Who has sung that song? The person must be a well known singer. When singer practices, He does it every day. When he misses singing a single day, it affects the song. It is easily observable by everyone. One day of missing practice reduces the excellence. Second day miss out is identifiable by his teacher. Third day miss out is easily observable by audience. So, be disciplined of writing. Write minimum hundred lines every day. Make this as a habit. Remember, ‘Practice makes man perfect.’
- Don’t expect miracles in a single day: You cannot write first fiction as a bestselling. You write the plot. Read out the idea after couple of days. How did you felt? If you find the same passion and meaningfulness that you had while writing. Then, this is somewhat effective. Otherwise rework on the lines and ideas. Working on writing fiction is re working on the writing. Working means re working.
- Get the feedback from readers: You are writing keeping in mind that it is going to be read by others. So, after writing and couple of self review, Give it to your friends or relatives and ask how they felt your idea. Analyze how much idea has been communicated. Again rework on the plot changes the fallacious lines, until you feel, these are the final words.